Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jane Birkin ditches Hermes bag for sporran

LEGENDARY actor and singer Jane Birkin has ditched the Hermes Birkin bag, which she inspired, in favour of the Scots sporran after the world-famous accessory gave her tendonitis.
Launched over 20 years ago, the Birkin bag has become a cultural symbol of elitism, privilege and celebrity. But after complaining of pains in her arms, the singer and actress has replaced her four-figure namesake with a GBP 10 kilt accessory.
Birkin said: "I bought this second-hand [sporran purse] in Edinburgh three years ago, and a more useful little thing one couldn't own. It's the envy of Paris. I gave up on the [Birkin] bag right away. That bloody thing. I told Hermes they were mad to make it. My one was always full and it ended up giving me tendonitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment